To ensure that Royal William Yard Marina, Plymouth remains a safe and enjoyable place for all, we kindly ask you to observe the following;
- The pontoon can become slippery when wet or icy, please wear appropriate footwear and take extra care on the pontoon at night.
- Do not ride bicycles, skates or scooters on the pontoons. Wheelchairs, pushchairs and trolleys must remain under supervision at all times, ensuring wheels are locked when stationery.
- Please keep walkways and pontoons clear of equipment.
- Children must remain under the supervision of an adult at all times.
- Please ensure that young children and non-swimmers wear life jackets when on the pontoons, transferring or afloat.
- Fishing and swimming is not permitted in the Royal William Yard Marina.
- Diving is only permitted with written permission of the Harbour Master in accordance with health and safety legislation.
- Please allow water to run for a few seconds before filling tanks. Please stow the hose tidily and hook the end of the hose behind the tap after use.
- Barbeques are not permitted within the marina, on board or on the pontoon.
- Dinghies and tenders should be stored on board to prevent obstruction.
- Please report any damaged or defective equipment immediately to marina personnel.
- Please ensure you isolate fuel when leaving your boat.
- Disconnect your vessel's power lead at the pontoon supply bollard first. When connecting a supply, attach the lead at the boat first and work back to the supply bollard. Do not leave live leads on the pontoons.
- If you require an independent contractor, please advise the Royal William Yard Marina office beforehand as the contractor will need to provide evidence of their public liability insurance.
- Please be mindful of the passenger ferry and other vessels when entering and leaving the marina.
- Please obey speed restrictions to avoid causing excessive wash.
- Familiarise yourself with the location of lifesaving and firefighting equipment on the pontoons and ashore. Fixed rescue ladders are provided on each pier, the location of which can be identified on our Marina Plan.
- Strictly no SUPing, Canoes or Kayaks in the marina please
In case of a fire on board
- Call 999.
- Inform staff of the situation.
- Only tackle the fire if it is considered safe to do so, extinguishers are provided at the SOS points on the pontoons.
- Withdraw to a safe distance and assemble at top of the bridge pontoon.
A UNIQUE DESTINATION…
Royal William Yard Marina provides the perfect place to moor up for the afternoon or to stay a while. From leading restaurants, bars and shops to swimming, beauty and yoga - there's something for everyone.
There's also an eclectic mix of events throughout the year - experience monthly good food markets, theatre and outdoor cinema as well as live music and circus performances. Ideally located for exploring, Royal William Yard has excellent transport links - Plymouth City Centre, the historic Barbican and Cornwall can easily be reached by ferry, bus or foot.
All set within architecturally stunning surroundings, Royal William Yard Marina is Plymouth's hidden maritime jewel.