Please note that we may change this page from time to time as our business changes. You should therefore check this page to ensure you are happy with the way we view your personal information.
- Information we collect
- Lawful basis of processing
- Who we share data with
- How data is used
- How long data is held
- Your personal rights
- Links to other websites
- Data security breach procedure
1. Information we collect from you
- Full name
- Post code
- Email address
1.1 Information we collect when you visit our website
2. Lawful basis of processing
Royal William Yard Marina will only process your personal data under one of the six legal grounds stated under the GDPR regulations, namely: contract, legal obligation, vital interests, public interest, legitimate interests and consent.
3. Who we share your personal data with
Sometimes, we’ll need to share your details with a third party who is providing a service. We do so to maintain our booking requirements with you. Without sharing your personal data, we’d be unable to fulfil your request.
4. How your information is used
We want to give you the best possible customer experience. One way to achieve that is to get the richest picture we can of who you are by combining the data we have about you.
We then use this to offer you promotions, products and services that are most likely to interest you.
The data privacy law allows this as part of our legitimate interest in understanding our customers and providing the highest levels of service.
Of course, if you wish to change how we use your data, you’ll find details in the ‘What are my rights?’ section below.
Remember, if you choose not to share your personal data with us, or refuse certain contact permissions, we might not be able to provide some services you’ve asked for.
Here’s how we’ll use your personal data and why:
- To process any bookings that you make by using our websites, apps or at our booking office. If we don’t collect your personal data during checkout, we won’t be able to process your order and comply with our legal obligations.
- For example, we may keep your details for a reasonable period afterwards, to enable us to fulfil any contractual obligations such as refunds and so on.
- To respond to your queries, refund requests and complaints. Handling the information you sent enables us to respond. We may also keep a record of these to inform any future communication with us and to demonstrate how we communicated with you throughout. We do this on the basis of our contractual obligations to you, our legal obligations and our legitimate interests in providing you with the best service and understanding how we can improve our service based on your experience.
- To protect our business from fraud and other illegal activities. We’ll also monitor your browsing activity with us to quickly identify and resolve any possible problems and protect the integrity of our websites. We’ll do all of this as part of our legitimate interest.
- To protect our customers, premises, assets and Partners from crime, we operate CCTV systems, which record images for security. We do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests.
- To process payments and to prevent fraudulent transactions. We do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests. This also helps to protect our customers from fraud.
- If we discover any criminal activity or alleged criminal activity through our use of CCTV, fraud monitoring and suspicious transaction monitoring, we will process this data for the purposes of preventing or detecting unlawful acts. Our aim is to protect the individuals we interact with from criminal activities.
- With your consent, we will use your personal data, preferences and details of your transactions to keep you informed via email, web, text, telephone and through our head office about relevant products and services including tailored special offers, discounts, promotions, events, competitions and so on.
Of course, you are free to opt out of hearing from us by any of these channels at any time.
- To send you relevant, personalised communications by post in relation to updates, offers, services and products. We’ll do this on the basis of our legitimate business interest.
You are free to opt out of hearing from us by post at any time.
- To send you communications required by law or which are necessary to inform you about our changes to the services we provide you. For example, updates to this Privacy Notice, and legally required information relating to your bookings. These service messages will not include any promotional content and do not require prior consent when sent by email or text message. If we do not use your personal data for these purposes, we would be unable to comply with our legal obligations.
- To display the most interesting content to you on our websites or apps, we’ll use data we hold. We do so on the basis of your consent to receive app notifications and/or for our website to place cookies or similar technology on your device.
- To administer any of our prize draws or competitions which you enter, based on your consent given at the time of entering.
- To develop, test and improve the systems, services and products we provide to you. We’ll do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests. For example, we will record your browser’s Session ID to help us understand more when you leave us online feedback about any problems you’re having.
- To comply with our contractual or legal obligations to share data with law enforcement, for example when a court order is submitted to share data with law enforcement agencies, or a court of law.
- To send you survey and feedback requests to help improve our services. These messages will not include any promotional content and do not require prior consent when sent by email or text message. We have a legitimate interest to do so as this helps make our products or services more relevant to you.
- To process your booking/appointment requests. Sometimes, we’ll need to share your details with a third party who is providing a service. We do so to maintain our booking requirements with you. Without sharing your personal data, we’d be unable to fulfil your request.
5. How long is your information held for
Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we’ll only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
At the end of that retention period, your data will either be deleted completely or anonymised, for example by aggregation with other data so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis and business planning.
6. Your personal rights
- You can ask for a copy of your personal information we hold
- You can ask us to correct your personal information
- You can ask us to delete your personal information
- You can withdraw consent to use your data
- Lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office
We are committed to ensuring that your personal information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect online.
8. Links to other websites
9. Data Security Breach Procedure
In the event of a data security breach, this will be communicated to those users affected and an emergency plan will be put into action. A notification will be sent to those affected within 72 hours.
A UNIQUE DESTINATION…
Royal William Yard Marina provides the perfect place to moor up for the afternoon or to stay a while. From leading restaurants, bars and shops to swimming, beauty and yoga - there's something for everyone.
There's also an eclectic mix of events throughout the year - experience monthly good food markets, theatre and outdoor cinema as well as live music and circus performances. Ideally located for exploring, Royal William Yard has excellent transport links - Plymouth City Centre, the historic Barbican and Cornwall can easily be reached by ferry, bus or foot.
All set within architecturally stunning surroundings, Royal William Yard Marina is Plymouth's hidden maritime jewel.